Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sketch a Day - Day 37

Tonight my husband surprised me with a trip to the 'brand new' old Big Four Bridge that crosses the Ohio River from my hometown of Louisville, to where we live now in Southern Indiana. The Waterfront Development Corp opened the newly rehabbed walking bridge today, converting it from an old railroad bridge that hadn't been traveled upon since 1969. Lucky for us we were there at the exact right time for Mother Nature to create some amazing sunset pictures. Lucky indeed. And the bridge was pretty nifty, as well. 


The Louisville Entrance - Big Four Bridge


I decided to use one of the photos we captured tonight as inspiration and I'd love to say this is exactly what I envisioned when I sat down with my sketchbook. This one took on a life of its own, though I like the result. Thoughts? 




Tangerine Slices

No comments:

Post a Comment